Your experience with the CFs and your professional relevance to the theme of CFs:
As part of Mott team monitored the development of first Ukrainian CFs since early 2000 in order to design and start a national program to support CFs in the country and identify a good support organization. Later became a member of the advisory board to the national program aimed at the development of CFs in Ukraine. Participated in the development of key characteristics of Ukrainian CFs. Visited majority of Ukrainian CFs.
Key characteristics and information about the CFs and community philanthropy in your country:
Basic characteristics of CFs:
- The goal of CF is improvement of life of people who live at the clearly defined geographical territory.
- CF works at solution of pressing needs of the local community that have been identified by the community.
- CF attracts a wide spectrum of primarily local resources.
- Its governance is based on representation of the community. A council of respected people from all sectors of the community governs CF.
- CF is an officially registered, constantly working and independent legal entity.
- CF constantly monitors and analyzes local problems and needs and reflects those in its strategy and activities.
- CF provides grant to NGOs and local initiatives to solve local problems;
- CF introduces open and transparent procedures and practices in its activities.
Area of your particular interest in the CF development/ CF management/ practice (please specify if this is a theme where you are interested to learn more, bring your own expertise or both)
Especially interested in learning experience of how to get more people in the community to know and recognize your CF and see examples of effective PR strategies; proactive ways of keeping the community informed about your work.