member, founder, Roots and Wings Foundation (Közözosalapon), Budapest, Hungary,
Your experience with the CFs and your professional relevance to the theme of CFs:
- 1999-2004 As a representative of the Mott Foundation I worked directly with national support organizations in PL and SK to help to start and strengthen CFs in these countries. I also worked directly with the CFs in Usti nad Labem and Banska Bystrica;
- Visited several CFs in the USA, UK and CF-like organisations in the Baltic States, Ukraine and other CEE countries
- In 2009 with two colleagues we started to organize the Ferencváros Community Foundation. It was registered in late 2011 and aims to develop into a fully-fledged CF.
Key characteristics and information about the CFs and community philanthropy in your country:
There are two nascent community foundations in Hungary: one in the city of Eger and one based in Ferencváros, the 9th district of Budapest. The one in Eger started in around 2008 while the one in Ferencváros was registered in 2011. They both committed to develop into fully fledged community foundations and therefore have many joint features such as using regional experience to aid their own development. There are also differences such as the CF in Eger work with local as well as national and international sources while the Ferencváros CF exclusively works with local resources.
Area of your particular interest in the CF development/ CF management/ practice (please specify if this is a theme where you are interested to learn more, bring your own expertise or both)
- I am primarily interested in national support organizations: all aspects of their work as well as relations with CFs and other national and international players interested in CFs and community philanthropy.
- My secondary interest is the development of individual CFs.
- I am happy to contribute my own experience, detailed above, to joint learning.