Your experience with the CFs and your professional relevance to the theme of CFs:
- In the field from 1996, when Usti CF began its work.
- Long term member of Transatlantic Community Foundation network (2000-2011).
- Visited about 60 CFs in Europe and northern America.
- From 2006 chairman of Czech Association of CF.
- Participated in previous study trips (BG, CZ, PL).
Key characteristics and information about the CFs and community philanthropy in your country:
There are five CFs in Czech Republic (one actually inactive), covering about 15% of Czech population. Oldest from 1997, youngest from 2006. In 2006 was established Czech Association for CFs. Besides of CFs there are three other foundations and NGO involved in Association as a community philanthropy supporters and experts.
Area of your particular interest in the CF development/ CF management/ practice (please specify if this is a theme where you are interested to learn more, bring your own expertise or both)
- Ideology/cornerstones of CFs
- Donor services and Fund development
- Board and Staff engagement and motivation