Program Director, The Ladoga Foundation, Moscow, Russia, LinkedIn profile of Vadim Samorodov
Your experience with the CFs and your professional relevance to the theme of CFs:
- I got engaged with CF development topic in 2001 when I joined the Charities Aid Foundation (Russia) to head a CF support and capacity building program.
- In 2006 with the Global Fund for Community Foundations I was involved in seeding and supporting the CF movement in developing countries globally.
- Since 2011 I work for a Russian private foundation that supports a variety of social themes and on provincial level it does it through active collaboration with local CFs by using their grantmaking and local development competencies.
In places with no CFs the Foundation invests in their startup.
Area of your particular interest in the CF development/ CF management/ practice (please specify if this is a theme where you are interested to learn more, bring your own expertise or both)
Business models of community philanthropy and CF entrepreneurship in engaging local elites;
Key characteristics and information about the CFs and community philanthropy in your country:
- About 40 entities in number – most of them at the emerging phase;
- Huge variety of patterns and models;
- A number of federal and regional networks and certain competition between them to lead the national field;
- Relatively well-known for public and for authorities;
- Presence of highly professional CF support organizations and research institutions that are interested in the field;
- Presence of the C.S.Mott Foundation’s CF development program and a dedicated local consultant